Friday, January 12, 2007

What The Darkness Brought

Sometimes there is so little light. Sometimes there is darkness in your life. You can't even see right in front of you and you can't even envision when there was light. You go into a dark world where black is the basic and and you can almost sleep with your eyes open there is so much darkness. Now, this is not bad; this is darkness and because we're sort of programmed as mammals with eyes that use light in one part of our sightedness, we may be fearful of the dark.

But in the darkness there are wonderful gifts. This drawing indicates that there are certain miracles, aspects of the self, talents, and hidden knowledge that only come in the dark. In the light we are too busy seeing and running around to receive. Many times the givers of the most miraculous only come in the dark. This portrays one of those dark, loving givers and the luminous woman who sat vulnerable and nude waiting in faith for what the darkness brought to her.

6 Comments:

Blogger Martha Marshall said...

There is a wonderfully wise message in this one. Your stories breathe life into the dream inhabitants of your amazing drawings and paintings.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the stained glass, jewel quality of this one! Hope to see much more of your art and your words very soon!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work with a outstanding message. :) I've never thought of that. There would be no light without dark though. There has to be a reason for it. Great job!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm tagging you!~The rules Start with 7 random facts/habits about yourselfPeople who are tagged have to write their 7 things on their blogThen choose another 7 people to get tagged and list their namesDon't forget to leave them a comment to tell them they have been tagged and to read your blogGreetings from DeepwaterJournal.com
7:00 AM

10:37 PM  
Blogger RhondaK Mermaids, Funny Bar Signs, And More said...

I thought of you today because I have to go spend 3 days at TBLC and the last time I taught a class there this woman we used to work for told me you hated me. It hurt my feelings and I wanted to track you down and ask...WHAT? Girl, I helped you move furniture. I would have helped you move bodies. I do know the coworker hated everyone! Are you back in Tampa? I'm at Siesta Key working Ringling College of the Arts. I have to say I didn't know you painted publicly. I started to do so most accidentally. I finally dreaded my hair and stopped talking about it. Since then, things have become ... other. Very interesting. rhondakwrites.com

9:41 AM  
Blogger kimmi j said...

I came across your name at the Ybor festival on Saturday. I am an editor of Sawpalm, a Florida-themed literary journal at USF. We are seeking art and writing submissions. I would love if you would submit some work or spread the word to other artists.

We’re looking for Florida work—which may include work from anywhere that concerns itself with Florida (images, people, themes), or work from Florida not obviously about someplace else.

http://english.cas.usf.edu/sawpalm/
the details: Please email submissions in the body of the message
and a brief bio to sawpalm@cas.usf.edu or hard copies to Saw Palm, c/o Jay Hopler, Department of English, CPR 107, University of South Florida, 4202 E. Fowler Ave., Tampa, FL 33620-5550.
All mail submissions must include a SASE. No previously published work. Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as we are notified of acceptance elsewhere. Deadline October 15.


Thanks!

Kim Jones

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home